Progress thus far...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I just need to start caring about myself"

So here I am, watching 'The Biggest Loser' and the quote above just caught me. It's what I need to be doing. I'm fat. I'M FAT. Not chubby, not chunky, but fat. 317 pounds of it. I remember crying when I went over 200 pounds, swearing I would get below and never go over it again. Now here I am.

My goal is simple. And incredibly difficult. Lose the weight, get to a healthy body shape. Over the last nine months, I lost 13 pounds. I paid almost $3,000 to lost 20, and gained seven of them back already. I know why, I quit exercising, and I quit eating healthy. I don't want to slide back and gain even more weight.

I know I can do it, but I know it will be hard. Today wasn't the best food day. But tomorrow will be better. It has to be. For me and my body and my mind.

Here goes, posting this out on the big bad world wide web. Even if no one reads it, I know it's there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Just wanted to say I wish you so much luck!

My advice is to stick with it! If you slip up, so what? Just get right back into the swing of things and keep going! Don't give up! Losing weight is a lot like quitting smoking. It takes a lot of hard work, and though it seems obvious how to lose weight (eat right, exercise) and it seems obvious to quit smoking (Don't smoke), it's definitely difficult and takes a ton of will power. But it can be done!

Again, I wish you the best of luck.

Luse_it said...

Hey,

you are doing the right thing..

being fat, overweight, is not healthy..!!

I am on the same journey..

and I lost a couple of pounds/kgs already.. keeeeeeeep up the good work.. i hope u didnt stop!! I didnt c any new posts for u!!